.:: eHomemakers.net :: View topic - TWELVE WAYS TO KEEP SMILING! - how to live & not die
TWELVE WAYS TO KEEP SMILING! - how to live & not die
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
phhteik

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:02 pm    Post subject: BE Reply with quote

HI, HERE WE ARE IN SEPTEMBER 2011. ALL OUR DEAR FRIENDS WHO WERE ACTIVE IN THIS FORUM ARE NOW HIBERNATING SOMEWHERE.

THOSE WHO WERE CLOSE TO ME MAGICALLY VAMOOSED AND DISAPPEARED INTO THIN AIR. TRULY WE ALL LIVE IN A MAGICAL WORLD. ONE SECOND HERE, THE NEXT SECOND GONE FOR GOOD. AND THAT'S GOOD, TOO.

LESSONS I LEARN FROM MY MENTORS DURING MY LIFE JOURNEY HELP ME TO EMBRACE " the art of allowing " AS TAUGHT BY ESTHER & JERRY HICKS.

RECENTLY, I REVISIRED A BOOK I HAVE NOT READ FOR YEARS (MORE THAN TEN YEARS ). Philip Yancey's WHAT'S SO AMAZING ABOUT GRACE is spot on in his dissertation on GRACE. Coupled with DR. FRED LUSKIN's book FORGIVE FOR GOOD they provide spiritual food for my soul.

I also went into a meditative posture devouring the wisdom of LEONARDO FELICE BUSCAGLIA, my beloved late teacher from America while running through Leo Buscagla's LIVING, LOVING and LEARNING.

This message is dedicated to all the great minds in the world, past and present.

NAMO AMITABHA.

MAY ALL SENTIENT BEINGS BE WELL AND HAPPY.

BE the change you want to see in the world. ( MAHATMA GANDHI )
phhteik

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

........ TONY BUZAN is a genius when it comes to HEALING, because his TEFCAS formula is useful if we use it nicely.

RECENTLY, I have been reading his book THE ULTIMATE BOOK OF MIND MAPS.

IT IS A VERY THERAPEUTIC REFERENCE BOOK ON MIND MAPPING.
phhteik

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 7:02 pm    Post subject: the failure of success Reply with quote

KARMA, positive or negative, is something everyone has to cope with.

KARMA for 2008 hopefully will be good generally. We have seen quite a reversal of fortune for many a person this year. Actually it is not too bad, as it offers people the opportunity to hibernate and recoup their energy for a better future. It is said that a failure is a blessing in disguise. In 2 words, failue is just a 'WAKE-UP CALL'.

Sometimes nature slow us down because we have gone too fast in our life.

FAILUE is just a vitamin pill to help us cope with life better.

IF WE DO NOT NEED THE WARNING FROM NATURE, we may die suddenly of HEART FAILURE or we may end up with angioplasty.

Generally it is good to 'fail' sometimes, as we can take a sabbatical and regain our strength to persist again.

FAILUR is a humbling experience.

Slow and steady wins the race.
phhteik

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:33 pm    Post subject: the lost son Reply with quote

what am I doing now?

Oh, life is too short, and with each day regarded as a BONUS, I plan to go to heaven with my beloved books.

The story of the lost son is the most amazing story in the world. And sometimes, all of us feel like the lost son. Don't know what to do icon_cry.gif .

So I am reading ROY H. HICKS's

' HE WHO LAUGHS LASTS AND LASTS AND LASTS ... '

i AM ALSO READING Ezra Bayda's SAYING YES TO LIFE, Elmer l. Towns's FASTING FOR FINANCIAL BREAKTHROUGH, and

Chris Prentiss's ZEN AND THE ART OF HAPPINESS. icon_biggrin.gif

life is tremendous.

THE LAW OF ATTRACTION attracts these books to me. Heeheehee! Good! icon_biggrin.gif

The LAW OF ATTRACTION really works. Try it. Make sure you read Rhonda Byrne's THE SECRET.
phhteik

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 12:41 pm    Post subject: 365 gems for holistic living Reply with quote

I have a hardcover printed in INDIA.

In INDIA it cost Rs. 195/-

The American Edition printed in USA costs Rs. 670/-

Copyright in INDIA 2003 by the publishers Pustak Mahal, Delhi-110006

365 GEMS FOR HOLISTIC LIVING by Alan Cohen is THE BEST HARDCOVER BOOK from India in my possession. COPYRIGHT 1996 by Alan Cohen ... original US edition published as

' A DEEP BREADTH OF LIFE ' .

PRINTED IN INDIA in arrangement with Hay House Publications, USA.

On the back cover of this Indian Edition are these words from ALAN COHEN :

" There is no limit to the healing, inspiration, and positive changes you can enjoy through applying the principles contained between these covers. March on to the high calling of your heart, and your life will be a testament to the magnificence that is you. "

Publishers' website: ''pustakmahal.com

Update ( MONDAY 26-11-2007 ) :
I check with the website and found that the publisher in INDIA has changed the title of Alan Cohen's bestseller to

365 RECIPES THAT WILL MAKE YOU THINK POSITIVE

You can see the book when you go to BOOK SEARCH. Go to AUTHOR (@ Titles) box. Then type author's name in the empty box on the right , i.e. Alan Cohen. CLICK enter or 'SEARCH' icon. The book will appear on your screen, and you can read more by clicking at the appropriate lead at the bottom. ( A large version of the book in colour with the author's photo will appear on your computer. )

the book now is valued @ Rs. 150/-

GOOD LUCK.
phhteik

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 12:08 pm    Post subject: " You have to prime the pump......." Reply with quote

icon_biggrin.gif The world-shaking PRIME THE PUMP story is found on page 47 of LIVING ABOVE THE LEVEL OF MEDIOCRITY (book copyright 1987 by Charles R. Swindoll). . .

Sam and his girlfriend Michelle ventured into the desert for fun. After travelling in the hot desert for one hour they were lost, & they were really thirsty. They stumbled upon an old shack and they rested in it for half an hour.

Michelle told Sam, " I need a drink. I am so thirsty. "

Just as Michelle was going to faint from heat exhaustion and dehydration, Sam saw an old rusty water pump. He went over to it, and grabbed the handle, and began to PUMP UP AND DOWN. But nothing happened.

He went back to Michelle and told her the bad news.

SHOCKED BY THE REALITY AND HOPEPLESSNESS OF THE UNHAPPY situation, Michelle opened her eyes wide ---- and as if by a MIRACLE, she saw AN OLD JUG.

Happily she said to Sam, " There must be water in that jug! "

SAM JUMPED TO HIS FEET WITH RENEWED ENTHUSIASM, and ran to the jug. He looked at it, wiped away the dirt and dust, and read a message:
" YOU HAVE TO PRIME THE PUMP WITH ALL THE WATER IN THIS JUG. P.S.: Be sure to fill the jug again before you leave. "

Sam popped the cork out of the jug and sure enough, there was water.

JUST as Michelle was going to down all the life-giving water into her mouth, Sam said, " No, Michelle, we have to prime the pump with ALL this water! "

Michelle and Sam were faced with a decision. If they drank the water they could live. Ah, but if they poured all the water into the old rusty pump, and prime the pump, maybe it would yield fresh, cool water from down deep in the well, all the water they can enjoy.

Reluctantly they poured all the water into the pump.Then Michelle grabbed the handle and began to pump . . .

Squeak, squeak, squeak.

Still no water came out of the pump.

Squeak, squeak, squeak.

A little bit of water began to dribble out, then a small stream, and finally it gushed! Eagerly, they filled the jug and drank from it. After that, they filled the jug again and they drank the life-giving fresh water AGAIN and AGAIN and AGAIN . . .

Before they left the desert, they filled the jug for the next traveller. They filled it to the brim, popped the cork back, and added this little note:

" Believe me, it really works.
YOU have to give it ALL away before YOU can get ANYTHING back. "
phhteik

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

10 steps to independence
Joyce Meyer is my favourite female author. But I did not realize she came out with a self-improvement magazine called icon_biggrin.gif BE YOUR BEST icon_biggrin.gif

On page 26 of this absolutely beautiful magazine, I found the following words of wisdom : TEN STEPS TO INDEPENDENCE

STEP ONE :- BREAK AWAY FROM OTHER PEOPLE'S EXPECTATIONS
Don't let the people around you determine your values or behaviour patterns.

STEP TWO :- LEARN TO COPE WITH CRITICISM
No matter what you do in life, you will be criticize by someone.

STEP THREE :- DO SOMETHING OUTRAGEOUS
Do something people don't expect.

STEP FOUR :- HAVE YOUR OWN OPINION
Know what you believe and why you believe it.

STEP FIVE :- REFUSE TO PRETEND
Not being true to oneself is one of the biggest "joy thieves" that exists.

STEP SIX :- SAY "NO!" WHEN YOU NEED TO
A confident person can say "no" when they need to.

STEP SEVEN :- SPEND TIME WITH PEOPLE WHO GIVE YOU SPACE
Find friends who give you space to be yourself and to make mistakes, who respect your boundaries and encourage you in your quest to be an individual.

STEP EIGHT :- WATCH CHILDREN
Kids are the world's greatest psychiatrists because they are simply and adorably indomitable: they laugh, they cry, and they bounce back after a fall as if nothing happens.

STEP NINE :- FIGHT OFF STAGNATION
Don't just put in your time here on earth. make the world glad you are here. Whatever it takes to keep your life interesting, do it "on purpose."

STEP TEN :- WITH GOD, ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE
No matter what happens in your life, remember with God all things are possible.

icon_biggrin.gif YOU CAN LIVE A HAPPY, HEALTHY AND FULL LIFE
icon_biggrin.gif YOU CAN UNLOCK THE SECRET OF LASTING JOY
icon_biggrin.gif YOU CAN FIND YOUR TRUE CONFIDENCE
rozalita_pink

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the same experience and feelings.The most important is not to give up and trust friends and http://''fox333.com icon_smile.gif icon_smile.gif
rozalita_pink

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the same experience and feelings.The most important is not to give up and trust friends and http://''fox333.com icon_smile.gif icon_smile.gif
phhteik

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After we have done our best TODAY, we have to let go and let God do the work of looking after a perfect world.

We should not be an obstacle to God's good work.

Last edited by phhteik on Sat Aug 11, 2007 12:15 am; edited 2 times in total
phhteik

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today, 16/2/08, I am enjoying life to the max by reading something proactive: THE PROSPERITY SECRETS OF THE AGES.

By Catherine Ponder

Last edited by phhteik on Sat Feb 16, 2008 12:40 pm; edited 2 times in total
phhteik

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

... a stitch in time saves nine.

Last edited by phhteik on Sat Feb 16, 2008 12:41 pm; edited 2 times in total
francischeah

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 6:06 pm    Post subject: How to live and not die ( What is the meaning of Life) Reply with quote

I'm quite surprise that there ar'nt more response to the above posting. I can only guess that it's not an easy subject to express one's thoughts!

When someone cries out "What is the meaning of life?" I suppose that he is asking what is the purpose of his life. Pleasebe comfortes that there are thousands if not millions asking this vital question at onetime or another when you leasing afrustrating existence. Are you living or are you just existing? I have my own convictions on thismatter and I wouls like to bringyour attention to your dilemma and let you decide for yoursel

We typically start the search for the purpose with the wrong starting point-ourselves! To continuing to do so will never reveal our life's purpose. You can usually suceed in reachingagoal if you put your mind to it. But being successful and fulfillingyour life's purpose are not at all the same issue!

I would likie to suggest to you that on your own you will end up in circles and only your creator God can help your search. For thousandsof years, brilliant philosophers have discussed and speculated about the meaning of life. Philosophyis an important subject and had it's uses, but when it comes to setermining the purpose of life, even the wisest philosophers are just guessing

Dr. Hugh Moorhead, a philosophy professor at the Northeastern Illinois University, once wrote to 250 of the best-known philosophers, scientists, writers, and intellecyuals in the world, asking them, "What is the meaning of Life?". He then published their responses in a book. Some offered their best guesses, some admitted that they just made up a purpose for life, and others were honest enough to say they were clueless.

Fortunately, there is an alternative to speculation about the meaning and purpose of life. It's REVELATION. We can turn to what God has revealed about life in his Word. The easiest way todiscover the purpose of an invention is to ask thecreator of it.
phhteik

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 11:27 pm    Post subject: INTENTION ... WHAT IS IT ? Reply with quote

hi, friends in the healing FORUM, like to share some ideas on self-empowerment.

A friend from somewhere told me that a wonderful ingredient called 'the power of INTENTION ' has helped a lot of people to enrich their dull life of zero achievement. It is like a vitamin and mineral tablet taken once a day.

For those of us who need this self-help boost, I found some good write-up on it from " somewhere ' . So I am sharing the info with those who care about SELF-IMPROVEMENT . Hope those who need self-help urgently may be saved by the bell !

The Power of Intention

In his book, The Power of Intention, best-selling author and speaker Dr. Wayne Dyer offers a new definition of the concept of intention and explains how every individual can connect to his or her own infinite potential.

With unique interpretations of the scientific and metaphysical philosophies of history's greatest thinkers, Dr. Dyer has inspired countless people to enjoy richer, more spiritual lives. In the following interview, he talks about ' intention ', and his own life's path.

Q: You describe " the power of intention " as the driving force in the universe. What drove you to write this book.

A: I was, quite simply, inspired. I think that there's a difference between motivation and inspiration. Motivation is when you get an idea yourself and then you put motion to it, motive to it... and you feel like a driving force to go out and accomplish something. And people have told me my entire lifetime that I am highly motivated. In fact, some people call me "the father of motivation," which is strange. I have eight children and I don't need another one called motivation!

Inspiration is the opposite of motivation. It's what happens when an idea gets a hold of you from someplace that you can't even identify and you feel almost compelled to let that idea carry you. That's what happened with this book and this show, and I'm in awe of how it came about. Intention is thought of in this program and in this book as a field of energy that we connect to, which will carry us, rather than something that we will do. I was the observer to watching the book write itself. Everything just flowed. That's what happens when you get inspired.

Q: How has the "power of intention" worked in your own life?

A: It has brought the right people into my life; it has allowed me to recover from a heart attack; it has allowed me to keep myself in shape; it has allowed me to have divine relationships; and it allowed my relationships with my children to improve dramatically. And everything about it has been in a very positive and loving vein.

Q: What's the single most important thing a person can do every day to invoke their power of intention?

A: They have to repeat the five key words:

I WANT TO FEEL GOOD;

or

I INTEND TO FEEL GOOD.

Remember that feeling good is the same things as saying I want to feel spirit, or I want to be in harmony with source - and this is a source of well being; it is a source of abundance; it is a source of healing; it is a source of kindness; it is a source of love.

You can call my cell phone and you will hear the message, "This is Wayne Dyer that you've reached and I want to feel good. If your message is intended to do anything other than that then you've reached the wrong number and I suggest you call Dr. Phil." It's a funny sort of message, but I really want to feel good and I remind myself of that all the time. It can take away a stomach ache, it can take away fear, it can take away depression and it can take away scarcity, and it can take away lousy relationships. It can take anything away anything … So, anytime during the day when you feel out of sorts, when things aren't going the way you want them to go … when you are a little depressed, when you feel perhaps anxious or when you're afraid, you can repeat to yourself, "I want to feel good; I want to feel good." What it does is allow you to reconnect... to be in harmony with your source.

Q: This program is so uplifting - and it has more humor and laughter than your previous specials - are you "letting your hair down" so to speak?

A: I'm able to laugh at everything, even losing my hair. Humor has always been a very important part of my life - and I've always been able to see the sunny side of life and in different things. I think it's a part of feeling good. If you want to feel good, you want to laugh. Remember, you can't be depressed and laugh at the same time. It's impossible. The more laughter we can have in our lives, the richer and less stressed and happier we will be.

Q: You've taken a unique path through your career, and you've shared many personal stories and experiences in your books, lectures and shows. What work or achievement stands out?

A: You know, I believe that this show on the power of intention and the creation of this book are really the crowning achievements of my life. I'm 63 years old and I've written 25 books and traveled all over the world and spoken to hundreds of thousands if not millions of people. I don't think there's anything I'm more proud of or that I think is going to make more of an impact than this book or this program. I believe it will be a real vehicle for transformation in our world and in our times. I couldn't be prouder of it.

Q: What is the most important lesson you learned along the path you've taken that you might not have learned if you'd taken another?

A: The lesson that stands out for me is that true nobility is not about being better than anyone else -- it's about being better than you used to be. One thing I know about myself in all aspects of life is that I'm better than I used to be in every regard... as a writer, speaker, husband, father, lecturer, and as a man. When I look back at some of the things I said and did 25 years ago, I wonder who that person was. I've been traversing a path of growth for as long as I can remember and I believe I will do that until my last breath.

Q: And if I can borrow my last question from James Lipton and Bernard Pivot, what would you like to hear your co-creator say to you when you arrive at the Pearly Gates?

A: Go back and do it again.

Q: There is much in "The Power of Intention" about healing and forgiveness and empowerment. What message would you give to the people of New York, and really any one who is personally impacted by violence in America, the war and other tragedies of today?

A: The answers are all the same regardless of whether you live in New York, Afghanistan, Iraq or Columbia or anywhere in the world today.

The basis of the answer is in the little man we named the City of San Francisco after. Francesco [Saint Francis of Assisi], who lived back in the 13th Century, said where there is hatred you have to send love; where there is doubt you have to send faith; where there is injury you have to send pardon... The answer to the problems we face personally and as a society is in being able to bring a higher, more loving, more spiritual energy to whatever it is we confront.

When we do, slowly, inch-by-inch, we will become a better society, a better people, and a better world. And I think that is happening.

Last edited by phhteik on Sat Apr 29, 2006 10:23 am; edited 2 times in total
phhteik

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 11:29 pm    Post subject: the power of SIMPLICITY .. JACK TROUT Reply with quote

icon_biggrin.gif Live a Simple Life icon_biggrin.gif

Life should be as SIMPLE as possible.

All that has to be said about success in life AND happiness in life ARE ALREADY WRITTEN DOWN IN BOOKS.

Even our daily newspapers contain magnificant articles on success in life AND happiness in life.

The more SIMPLE we make our life on earth, the easier the going for us, family wise, career wise, relationship wise, money wise, and so on. This was drummed into my head by JACK TROUT who came out with that wise book " THE POWER OF SIMPLICITY " . ( copyright 1999 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. )

An excellent book for everyone who is serious about living an enjoyable life is : " THE POWER OF RESILIENCE "
.. by ROBERT BROOKS, Ph. D. and SAM GOLDSTEIN, Ph. D. Copyright 2004 by the authors. A CONTEMPORARY BOOKS hardcover published by McGraw-Hill books. ( USA ). This is a wonderful book for me.

For creative people, there is a FUNNY title book by Roger von Oech :

A WHACK on the SIDE OF THE HEAD

It is good if you feel STUCK or lethagic , and feel bored and fed up of life and career, and want to be MORE creative in your life AND career.

In today's STAR newspaper WEEKEND pullout ( Saturday 12 March 2005 ) and on page 11 and 13 , there is a review of Bridget Menezes's book ' SELF-EMPOWERMENT ' . It is under the BOOKWORM topic. This book looks good for people looking for " directions " in the crossroads of LIFE. It shows YOU a way ( but it does not insist that it is THE ONLY WAY ) to success in life AND happiness in life. In the final analysis only WE OURSELVES know which way to go !!!

Let me end this short essay with a QUOTE from a poet, e. e. cummings ..

" TO BE NOBODY BUT YOURSELF, in a world which is doing its best to make YOU just like everybody else, MEANS TO FIGHT THE HARDEST BATTLE WHICH ANYBODY CAN FIGHT, and to never stop fighting. "

PEACE, brothers and sisters.

TEIK
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Healing All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: